Sunday, 15 April 2018

Analysis of CD Adverts

From researching adverts for CD's, they're generally portrait length and head shots. The two which I will be analysing are Tulisa's and Jessie J's:

This format I really like because its simple and gets the point across. Her name is the masterhead which is eye grabbing and effective because her name is her brand, so if you were flicking through a newspaper or waiting on the tube and just saw this, your eyes would go immediately to the name and that would peak your interest. I like the simplicity, it says what the album is called and tells us when it goes onto sale which is enough to peak the audiences curiosity and also informs them on the basics. The image is really pretty and accommodates and monotone colour scheme of the poster, aside from the pop of red present in her lips and the masterhead.
This poster has more text than the other ad which I don't enjoy as much, because I think that if the spectator is truly interested in the album they'll research and find out which songs are on it, it's not a necessity. I also think the variety of fonts are a bit confusing, her masterhead for example over shadows the album title. I think one or two fonts are optimum. Again here the colour scheme is strict, white, black and gold. This is interesting because the image is cropped into a square and a plain canvas is placed behind the text which I wouldn't expect to be so appealing.

What I've noticed about both adverts is they portray the artists face and they show the album cover, and our album cover isn't a face picture although our digital package includes that. So I think I'll confer with my partner and we'll keep it simple and the drawings to a minimal but we will include them as they are our concept and we want to be consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment